Following Increasing thefts, damage incidents and subsequent adverse experiences with our insurer, this serves as a reminder to all customers that any equipment out on hire must be covered by our damage/theft scheme; or alternatively by your own hired-in plant insurance of which we require proof by emailing a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling in to our premises where we will take a copy for our records.
This product is charged at 12.5% of the hire and is automatically added for customers who do not have their own insurance provisions.
This a special indemnity scheme operated by Ace Line Plant. Whilst not an insurance policy, it offers customers an indemnity against machine & equipment damage/loss charges, subject to the basic obligations under the hire contract.
This is a requirement within the hire industry, as well as insisting on the following criteria to be adhered to in order for any claim to be considered.
- conditions of hire which make the hirer fully responsible for loss or damage to the Property Insured until it is back in your possession must be used. The Construction Plant-hire Association Model Conditions of hire and other conditions no less onerous are acceptable for this purpose but you must ensure the conditions used are enforceable with regard to the Consumer Credit Act if applicable *
- the hirer's signature accepting the conditions of hire must be obtained on a form containing the conditions of hire each time the Property Insured is hired out. If the hirer is an account holder and you have obtained their written agreement that the conditions of hire will always apply the obtaining of a signature for individual hires may be waived.
- to business customers who are new or non-account holders You must (a) complete a satisfactory credit check or obtain an independent reference (b) obtain proof of business identity and address from a third party issued document (c) confirm the identity and position of the person acting for the business and retain copies of all supporting documents.
- to members of the public who are new or non-account holders (a) You must obtain two proofs of identity from the following list of which one must include a photo and one a current address and retain copies before any hire commences.
- Property Insured which is not returned on the due date must be immediately followed up and a diary system should be maintained for this purpose.
- where You are responsible for collecting the Property Insured at the end of the hire You must do so immediately and in any event no later than 7 days after the end of the hire period.
* Our Terms & Conditions are set by the Hire Association of Europe – If you want to down load a copy you can click the button below